Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Spring Break Adventure!

To begin, I must first tell you why it is OK for me to be blogging at school. Around 9:00 this morning my teacher gets a call from the principal, asking if she can rearrange her schedule so she could go with a group, to see Bill Clinton in Lillington! Yes, Bill Clinton...in small town North Carolina! Crazy, but hey now I get a break and have nothing to do...so I'm blogging...Finally:)

March 22-30th I got to go home for my first spring break since I have been at Campbell. It was a rare occasion filled with new and exciting adventures. As you can tell one of the best adventures was spending more time with my adorable niece Mae! I just couldn't get enough of her, and luckily her parents were understanding and let me hog her as much as I wanted! (thanks guys) I guess I don't need to tell you all how cute she is, after all only my family reads this, and you all probably know her better than me!!! The first few pictures are from Easter Sunday. Her little pink dress was way too cute, and I love the pictures of her with Sean, and me of course! l fear that by the time we get back she will be all grown up and I will have missed it all. So little Mae, stay small and cute as long as possible:)



I think she likes me!

I took this one because you can see the snow in the background. The funny thing is, it snowed my entire spring break, while it was 75 degrees in NC!

Madison playing dress up in my favorite dress of Nonnies! Brings me back to the good old days.

So the other HUGE adventure involves my voyage to the West side, in search of my first job. After hearing about the position opening at MBHS I was excited, but in the back of my mind I thought it might be out of my league. I just couldn't rap my head around how perfect it was, not to mention having no teaching experience! But anyways this was out of my hands...I could not have hand picked a better place to be. Thursday I headed out to Seattle to spend the day with the girls. We had a great time watching the Cougs play! Everyone was so excited about my interview and they kept me calm. Friday I drove up to Bellingham and had lunch with Tonian before I went to the teaching interview. She was great and once again kept me as calm as possible for my first ever group interview. So here I am, one of five people interviewing, and probably the youngest, most inexperienced out of them all. My interview only lasted about 30 min max, when I got done I called Tonian and she was like "what your already done". I thought I was going to die. I then called dad and immediately started crying, thinking it was horrible and I had a snowballs chance in hell of getting the job. The whole night was nerve racking and I thought I was out for sure. Poor Rob couldn't say anything to comfort me or anything at all. I thought by his reaction, I was done. Saturday morning comes along, and I think I am ready for the coaching interview. To say the least it went much better and I had my confidence back. After my interview they sent me out to the lobby to talk and then the AD and the volleyball girls gave me a tour around the campus. When I got back Brenda my AD said Steve, the principal, wanted to talk to me. I went into his office and he asked me how I thought the interviews went and we talked for a while. Then he offered me the job. He said he could teach people to be great teachers, but he can't teach people how to be quality people! That was a huge compliment and I accepted the job right there on the spot.

It was so amazing. And I still have to pinch myself to make sure its real. Mount Baker is a great school and the people have been so welcoming. I have gotten email and phone calls welcoming me to the area and telling me how excited everyone is to have me there. I can't tell you how excited I am. I spoke to my girls the other day over a speaker phone conference and they were awesome. They can't wait for me to get there, and I can't either.

So that is the story. Sorry I blabbed on and on. And by the way Quinn is the most adorable, amazing, romantic, sweet, and every complimentary word under the sun. He made this poster for me and had balloons everywhere, and a sign at the airport for me. Like I said AMAZING! Well I have to go to lunch now, but if I missed anything I will come back and write later!!! Peace out.




3 comments:

The Mac Attack said...

Rachel guilted me into writing a comment, so here it is. Love you and can not wait to see you and Quinn a little bit this summer.

Mary Mac said...

Ha Ha...Thanks Rach!
I love you too brother. Hopefully we will get more than just a little bit of time.

moxie mama said...

i was just blogstalking and had to tell you that the picture of you and mae laying on the floor is so cute!

and congrats on the new job!